Sunday, February 22, 2015

About Accountability



Today is Sunday, and it is a great time to relax a little and invest time in your self education. I want to talk to you about a book on accountability. Throughout the years I have been working, I've been an able to see and be a part of, what I call, the accountability dance.

When a problem arises at the workplace, ever single person that is in some part involved in this problem will perform an intricate set of movements where they will swerve, jump, twirl, leap and tiptoe away from accountability and when possible divert it to the nearest person available. Almost no one is willing to take accountability for their actions, but the real problem is that no one is willing to take accountability on issues that happen at the workplace. It might not be a problem, it could be something as simple as directing a customer to the right direction, or cleaning up a spot on the floor.

How many times have you heard people say: "That's not my job". Rarely people will step up to the plate, take ownership of a problem and ask "what can I do to improve this situation?"

As a leader and entrepreneur, you are the first person that will have to take accountability of your business and everything that happens there, but you also have to teach and preach about accountability to your team members, and the best way to do it is by example.

I want to share with you an amazing book that teaches about accountability, this book changed the way I saw the problems at the workplace, I hope it can help you to build up your own business with strong accountability foundations.




Happy reading and have a great Sunday!


MrFD

Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment